Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cricut Fun!

Cricut Fun!


           With all of the new technology being used in the classrooms today, the Cricut machine is one of them. I personally have a Cricut because I love to scrapbook. One day I was talking to a teacher that I had in elementary school and now my younger brother has her too and she was telling me and my mom some good ideas that you can use the Cricut for in the classroom and I can’t wait to use these ideas in my future classroom as well! She told me she bought the Cricut cartridges “Everyday Paper Dolls” and “Paper Doll Dress Up.” She said you can make so many things with these. A few that she mentioned and my brother told me about were that they made leprechauns for St. Patrick’s Day, Santa Claus’, Elf’s, M&M’s, ducks and chicks for Easter, dogs for Valentine’s day, tulips for Mother’s Day, President Obama and they made Pirates (which is our schools mascot). I think this is a fabulous way to make crafts in the classroom, it is not only fun and exciting but it gives the students a chance to express how they feel and who they are and also lets them be creative, which I think is very important for children. According to the article, “With Classmate Cricut Cartridges, Learning is Oh so Fun!” by “Cricut Cartridges” it is also a way to save time instead of tracing things to make classroom crafts. Although I do not think that it saves time necessarily because you still have to put the paper on the cutting board and insert it into the machine and click the buttons of what you want to cut out (which takes time) I think that the items are definitely more detailed and the Cricut cartridge might have more options that a teacher might not of even thought about. My teacher cuts out the original pattern and then traces the rest for her whole classroom which I think would save even more time! This article also has other cartridge ideas that look very useful in the classroom as well! They have cartridges that are helpful for teaching children letters, states, and much more! I believe the Cricut is a perfect piece of technology for the elementary age level!

No comments:

Post a Comment